We are a Managed Service Provider (MSP) focused on helping academic and non-profit organizations by providing safe and reliable Internet connectivity, secure and connected campus infrastructure, responsive wireless networks, dependable and modern Voice over IP (VoIP) telephony, and controlled, role-based devices. Our passion is enabling, empowering, and encouraging those who give of themselves to educate and care for others by simplifying technology.
We take pride in our culture and are seeking candidates who reflect our core values – and have skills in technology to boot. Ideal candidates will display the following characteristics:
- Enthusiastic curiosity – these people are natural problem solvers who aren’t afraid to ask “why”: why something works the way it does, why a process happens a certain way, etc. People who are enthusiastically curious help others around them grow in their own understanding and are always seeking a better way to do things.
- Servant-hearted – these people are motivated to help others, whether those people are clients, peers, or even strangers. We at Veeya are dedicated to making technology simple because we want to help our clients focus on their own fields of expertise, be it education or service.
- Relationship-driven – these people do not just want to help others one time, they want to cultivate a strong, lasting relationship with them. We want our clients to trust that we can deliver quality services to them and their companies on a long-term basis and want each of our employees to reflect that motivation in their day-to-day interactions.
- Ownership mindset – these people take pride in what they are doing and follow it through to its completion. They bring energy and joy to others around them through their can-do attitude. These people make great leaders and don’t just look out for themselves, but also seek to bring others up alongside them.
Primary Job Responsibilities
The Infrastructure Engineer has the following tactical responsibilities:
- Working from ticketing system; Focusing on level 3 networking tickets
- Providing support to Helpdesk and Onsite technicians
- Infrastructure Proficient troubleshooting of LAN, WAN, WLAN, VoIP systems
- Assist in network design in large scale environments
- Work with third party vendors to troubleshoot, implement, or maintain infrastructure services
- Responsible for resolving infrastructure health check deficiencies
- Create and maintain detailed documentation on all deployed solutions
- Deploy Wireless Veeya solutions for indoor/outdoor
- Proactive maintenance in infrastructure environment and implement solutions before problems arise
- Implement/Assist in deployment of customer router configurations (InternetEDGE)
- Create and manage Infrastructure server environment; VMs, Infrastructure software such as UNMS, Netbox, etc.
- Conversationally component: Ability to simplify conversation for customer facing interactions
- Develop and maintain documentation for Onboarding, Mapping, and Troubleshooting
- Create and present training material for Helpdesk and Onsite Engineers to assist in basic troubleshooting and onsite support
- Participate in after hours support with troubleshooting and maintaining system during scheduled hours on weekdays and weekends
Required Skills and Abilities
- Fluent in English
- You will be communicating with our customers both via phone and email. Emails are expected to be professional and grammatically correct – no text speak with clients.
- Customer service skills
- Serving as the “front-line” between Veeya and our clients, you must be able to communicate with them in a confident and polite manner.
- CCNA or equivalent Experience
- We will be providing ample training opportunities for you on our processes and basic technology requests, but you will be much more likely to succeed if you already have a basic understanding of computers, phones, networks, etc. Be sure to highlight any IT experience you have.
Who We’re Looking For
Under the direction of the Infrastructure Director, the Infrastructure Engineer ensures Veeya’s Infrastructure Services perform at the highest level through regular performance monitoring, constant service improvement, and adoption of technical best practices that empower Veeya Infrastructure Services to fulfill its mission now and in the future. The Infrastructure Engineer’s success is ultimately defined by the security and success of Veeya Infrastructure Services to be the foundation for systems to run smoothly on.